The Australian Labradoodle has quickly become a popular breed in the United States. Labradors have been common in the country for many years, mostly because of their calm and loving nature. Australian Labradoodles share this trait, but are also hypo-allergenic because they don’t shed. This makes them great dogs for busy families who don’t have the time to worry about the dog’s behavior or clean up after it. In addition to all of this, the Australian Labradoodle is incredibly aesthetically pleasing.
If you are one of the thousands of families considering purchasing an Australian Labradoodle, you should get to know the breed a little better first. Here are ten things to know about the Australian Labradoodle.
1. They’re mild-mannered. One of the best attributes of Australian Labradoodles is their incredibly calm nature. Due to the impeccable breeding that has occurred for years, the Australian Labradoodle has been bred to have a high tolerance to stress. Their mild manner makes them a great dog for families with small children or families with numerous dogs.
2. They’re incredibly social. As long as they are socialized at a young age, Australian Labradoodles are incredibly social animals. They love spending time with other animals and with people, making them great for outgoing people.
3. They need a special diet. While a high end kibble is great for the dogs, they also need some components of a raw diet to remain in optimal health.
4. They require exercise, but not too much. Exercise is great for all dogs including Labradoodles, but they shouldn’t get too much, especially when they are young. Too much excessive exercise can damage their joints and bones.
5. They only need to be groomed once every 5 to 6 weeks. Due to their incredible coat, they only need to be groomed once every month and a half or so. This makes them incredibly easy dogs to maintain. They also only need to be fully bathed a few times each year.
6. They’re smart. They are intelligent animals, making it easy to train them and teach them tricks.
7. They don’t shed. Due to the breeding process, Labradoodles don’t shed at all. This makes them great for people who love a clean home.
8. They’re hypo-allergenic. Since they don’t shed, Labradoodles are hypo-allergenic.
9. High stress tolerance. As was mentioned earlier, Labradoodles have an incredibly high resistance to stress. This means that being thrust into new situations or meeting new people and dogs won’t stress them out. This makes them great for people who love being social.
10.They’re adorable. Finally, one of the best reasons to purchase an Australian Labradoodle is that they are incredibly beautiful dogs. Anyone that visits your home will be blown away by your dog.
If, after all of this information, you’re convinced you want to purchase one, make sure you find a quality breeder. Highlands Australian Cobberdogs (aka Labradoodles Australian) is a great breeder in the state of Colorado. They are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the breed, so you can rest assured that you’re getting the exact kind of dog you are looking for.