With so many self-storage facilities in America you can most likely find something that will match pretty well with what it is that you are looking for and what you are trying to achieve with your self-storage unit. What are the most important factors will of course differ from person to person but I have compiled a bit of a list of some important things that you should consider before you deiced on a self-storage unit. Hopefully these bits and pieces of advice will help you find a self-storage unit that you will be happy with and that you won’t run into unexpected problems over time.
- Figure out how much stuff that you want to store in the self-storage unit so that you know how much space you will need. Different self-storage facilities will offer everything from mini self-storage units all the way up to giant business sized self-storage units so no matter how much stuff you have to store, you should be able to find something that works for you. It is just important that you know how much stuff you are going to need to store so that you can find the right size. You do not want to end up paying for more space than you are actually going to use but you also do not want to wind up with extra stuff that does not fit in your mini self storage unit.
- Once you have found the right size, do not forget to shop around and see what kind of prices different self storage units are willing to give you on that particular size of storage units. Some self storage facilities are even willing to throw in a few extra things in order to get your business so make sure to shop around a bit and find something that will work for you.
- Figure out all of the materials that you are going to need to move all of your stuff. This includes things like how many boxes you are going to need and how much bubble wrap and packing peanuts. I know that buying all of that stuff isn’t great but it could end up saving a lot of your things and being well worth it.
- Find a place that has hours that will work for you. Some self-storage facilities will let customers in the building twenty-four/seven and others have pretty standard business hours. Make sure that with your busy schedule you will still be able to find a time when they are open for you to go to the storage unit if you ever need it.
- See what their bill pay options are. Some self-storage facilities will make you pay so many months up front or do this or that. Some self-storage facilities also offer benefits like paying online so it is important that you ask the self-storage facility what their policy is on their payments and find one that works well with how you would like to pay.